Charter The DC3 Airliner
Auckland Scenic Flights and other Day trips and Overnight destinations:
Our classic DC3 Airliner is available for private charter, for up to 28 passengers.
For Corporates, Businesses, Schools , Staff groups, Churches, Rotary, Lions, Probus, Family and Friends, RSA, Retirement Villages, Special and notable Birthday celebrations, Bands, Sports teams, Car clubs, Yacht clubs, Golf clubs, Reward your Staff/Team.
Private DC3 Auckland City Scenic flights
Your Auckland City Scenic flight ($2200+GST)
It is so easy…there are up to 28 seats to fill…Just 4 friends can each gather a group of 6-7 and that becomes your own Private Flight. Generally, the private chartered flights are best after a regular weekend Scenic flight, so the crew can then focus on your group. (Monday to Friday flights will need to take into account the Auckland traffic. )
We offer Tea/Coffee, OJ ,other cold drinks and cookies when you arrive at our hangar. BYO cheese board and canapes if you wish, (or we can get them catered in) and our Cabin Crew will have it all presented and ready for your guests/clients before your flight.We advise that on scenic flights,that we don’t offer catering. You will have both hands occupied with taking photos and flight deck visits.
After the flight, head away to your next planned event, or a local Clevedon Valley restaurant/cafe or into Auckland City for your lunch or evening dinner. Other catering options are available, including a BBQ lunch after. (Enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Private DC3 Charter flights to other Destinations and Events
FLY DC3 New Zealand is a confirmed and established choice for businesses, incentive trips for top achievers, and extended family or friend groups to travel together.
Air charter provides customers with flexibility, convenience and ability to design your own itinerary. (With a classic DC3 airliner, there are weather and luggage limitations.) Generally, charter groups initiate their travel from our Ardmore office and hangar, however we can also ferry the DC3 to Auckland International, or even other North Island airports. Ferry flight, landing fees and associated costs will apply. (Enquire at email@example.com)
The aircraft accommodates 28 passengers for a day trip. For overnight charters we reduce the seating to 24/26 to allow for overnight bags and/or fuel payload. The crew includes two pilots ( an airline Captain and First Officer) as well as two professional Cabin Crew.
On North and South Island tours and charters with at least 2 overnights, with 24/26 pax, we can, or will send suitcases etc by our FLY DC3 Van. The advantage of having the FLY DC3 van is having ground transport for the crew, as well as returning back to Ardmore /Home base with your passengers/clients shopping, wine boxes, craft beers, Farmers markets shopping, etc. (Quotes available firstname.lastname@example.org)
At the DC3 hangar there is free parking , refreshments available on arrival/check-in (in the corporate Dakota Room for around 12 -15 people, or in the hangar itself for 28 pax,) Other catering options are available, including canapes before the flight.
More North Island Day trips and Overnight charters Here are some of our other Day and Overnight North Island Destinations
North Island – Kerikeri, Kaitaia, Whangarei, Whitianga, Matamata, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, Gisborne, Napier, Masterton, Hamilton, Taupo, New Plymouth, Whanganui, Paraparaumu, Wellington.(We cannot land on Great Barrier or Waiheke Island.)
- Sporting events – everywhere
- Horse racing days out (eg: Matamata, Tauranga) (Day or Overnight.) www.eventfinda.co.nz/venues/new-zealand/race-course
- Matamata – Hobbiton. Seats limited to 20. (Day Trip)
- Napier/Gisborne – Wine and Food festivals or Bespoke tours. Cape Kidnappers. Mission Estate Concerts at Napier. (Overnight)
- Taupo – Summer concerts.(Overnight)
- Rotorua – the Agrodome, then the self-drive rail cars,Te Puia. (Day or overnight.)
- Bay of Islands/Hole in the Rock /lunch at Duke of Marlborough, Food and Wine tours. (Overnight)
- Kaitaia – then a bus ride up 90 Mile beach to Cape Reinga. Carrington Estate and winery at Kari kari peninsula. (Overnight)
- Pacific Trailways Tours – join our tours, or design your own fully hosted and escorted tour with our preferred and designated Tour Company. www.pacifictrailways.co.nz
South Island Day trips and Overnight charters
Here are some of our (Overnight) South Island Destinations
South Island – Nelson, Blenheim,Omaka, Christchurch, Ashburton,Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill, Te Anau/Manapouri, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hokitika, Westport.
We work closely with Pacific Trailways (www.pacifictrailways.co.nz) to plan and manage all of the ground tours,options and ideas for side tours, accommodation and transport. For any South Island charters, options, ideas, prices – first contact us at email@example.com for availability.
Whitianga Days out – DC3, Wine, Lunch!
Combined Private/Public flights
- Our most popular private charter Day trip is the 25 minute flight beach destination of Whitianga. ($3,565+GST for the flights for 28 pax. Includes Landing and airways fees.Excludes lunch, etc.) Lunch in town (‘Stoked’ or ‘Salt’ or coach to the very Kiwi bach-style Pizza place at Kuaotunu Luke’s Kitchen.) Other restaurants and cafes will be added as we get to know them.
- Another private Day trip is fly to Whitianga for coffee or lunch. Then follow the coast to Tauranga. Disembark beside the Aviation Museum, and either lunch or coffee there. Return to Ardmore. ($5,550+GST)
- Combined ‘public’ Whitianga Day Trips: 3-4 dates over the summer, we offer Day Trips to Whitianga – it only takes 20-25 minutes, instead of hours by road. Individuals, couples , families and groups who don’t have enough people to ‘fill’ their own charter, can book to join in on planned dates. January, February and March. Our passengers can book ahead to their restaurants or cafes of choice for lunch. Generally, check in at 0930, and after refreshments, departure is 1015. Arrive at the airfield at Whitianga at 1045. Transport will be waiting with a quick trip into town.
There are so many cafes and restaurants to choose from. Our charter passengers usually choose ‘Stoked’ or ‘Salt’, or head up the coast to ‘Luke’s Kitchen’. A Must Do is visit the Bread and Butter Gallery www.breadandbutter.co.nz Also – the Lost Spring Spa, the local museum, a ferry ride to the other side…and one of the best beach and marina walks. Departure from town is usually a 3:30 pick up at the Gallery.
There is time for a few photos and a look around and under the DC3 first, while the cabin crew pass around icy cold towels to refresh, then board and take off at 1600. $145 p/p for the ‘Combined Public’ Whitianga Day Trip flights departing from January 2019
When you contact us about an Air charter or tour, we will need to know:
- When you plan to fly. (Our flying season is generally November through to June/July. August to October is usually annual engineering and maintenance which coincides with New Zealand’s late winter and ‘stormy’ season…)
- Are there options and flexibility for other dates?
- How many passengers?
- A one–way trip? A day trip? A multi sector or at least 1 overnight?
- Where your passengers are coming from – ie: will they all arrive by coach or shuttle? Will they need car parking.
- What is the nature of the trip – business/leisure/sports etc
- How much luggage are you planning to take? (There are restrictions.)
- Do you have a budget?
- Anyone with any disabilities?
- Any special dietary requirements?
- Discuss transport requirements.
- Discuss accommodation requirements.
- Discuss ideas for activities at destination.
From your initial ‘brief’ we will provide a number of solutions and ideas in a written quote, sent by email. It will contain Information and Terms and Conditions to allow you to make a decision about what options best suit you and your clients/guests.
Once you have considered the ideas and options, you can call, text or email us to make your booking and confirm the flight/s. We will then reply with an Agreement – just sign and return by email. Generally, but not always, a 20% deposit is required. Any additional requirements or services can clearly be arranged from this point onwards, but may require amending the Agreement. (Eg: Change of timings, change of passenger numbers, inflight service, change of date among others.)
Prior to your arrival at our private Check-in facilities, we will confirm and provide you with all the information required for you and your clients/guests. This will include location and ‘How to find us’… directions and maps. Check in Time, Departure time, flight time, arrival times. Luggage restrictions – if any.
Please note – we don’t operate at night / after Civil Twilight with charter passengers. There are pilot/aircraft activated runway lights at Ardmore for emergencies and training. The airport complex is secured and closed to the public in the evenings until 06:30 am.
If you are enquiring about a charter for a smaller group – ie: 1 or two vehicles – eg: filming/photography , or everyone arriving in a coach and departing after sunrise, we will manage the logistics of access to the airport, hangar and aircraft. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org